Wednesday 27 August 2008

I CURED A GIRL


I was never a massive fan of THE CURE but the few songs of theirs that I like, I REALLY fuckin like if you know what I mean? I used to have a 'Boys Don't Cry' T-shirt back when I was at college which I thought was just the coolest thing EVAH! Until I realised a T-shirt like that attracts dickheads and before you know it, you're hanging round with bloody goths and stinking of patchouli oil.
Anyway, GYBO is running a Cure mashup challenge at the moment so I figured I should have a bash.
There are plenty of mashups which have used 'Love Cats' or 'Close To Me' and there was that amazing PartyBen mashup with 'In Between Days' and 'Everybody' by Black Box (!) but I don't think anyone's used 'Lovesong' before?

So I'm humming the song in my head over the weekend and that darn Katy Perry record appears from nowhere. And, in my brain at least, I'm thinking "that doesn't sound too bad. Everyone and his dog has at least ONE Katy Perry mashup in them so fuck it, why not".
That's what I thought.
Well blow me down - they fit beautifully.
Didn't even have to adjust the pitch of the vocal.

TAKE A LISTEN

No comments:

The home of AudioShrapnel mash-ups, mixes and any other crap I want to show off.