Wednesday 20 August 2008

HOW FOOLISH OF ME

There's this TV ad at the moment for E.On or something and the tune they're using is driving me MAD!
It's so irritatingly catchy!
Take a listen...



To me, it sounds like Radiohead meets Penguin Cafe Orchestra (another favourite of the ad men!)



but it's neither of them - it's "Get Up And Go" by a group called BROADCAST 2000 who I don't really know much about. Anyway, after acquiring said choon, I realised it's only the intro I like and is therefore perfect for looping and messing about with!
So it's in 7/8 time? Hah! Repeat a section and shove a beat over it to make it 4/4. Now what shall we go with?
Rap pella? Nah, too easy.
R & B pella? Yeah!
Quick check through the 'Acapellas' folder and I got as far as 'A'... Ashanti. That'll do.
Bugger me, it's in tune.
Now I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but the versions of the 'Foolish' acapella available by nefarious means over the web are all cocked up. The one I had went a bit wonky at the 2.30 mark so I tried downloading another and that was even worse! Skipping and glitching all over the damn place! So I've made a patch up job using both of them but there is a whole section of the song that I had to snip, although I don't think the result suffers too much.
Anyway, waffle waffle waffle...
This is (for want of a better title) "FOOLISH GET UP"

Think I'll go work on something a bit more uptempo next.

No comments:

The home of AudioShrapnel mash-ups, mixes and any other crap I want to show off.